- 1 c. (16 T.) butter, at room temperature
- 1 c. brown sugar
- 1/3 c. granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 T. vanilla extract
- 2 ½ c. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 c. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 T. cornstarch
- 1 ½ tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 c. semisweet mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 c. marshmallow bits
- About 48-96 semisweet chocolate disks
- 24 marshmallow stackers
1. Line 2 cookie sheets with silicone baking mats or parchment paper.
2. With an electric mixer, beat together the butter and sugars until fluffy well-combined, about 3-4 minutes.
3. Beat in eggs one at a times, scraping down the sides as needed.
4. Stir in vanilla until incorporated.
5. In a separate medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt.
6. Stir in flour mixture until just incorporated.
7. Stir in chocolate chips and marshmallow bits until just combined.
8. Cover. and refrigerate dough at least 3 hours (up to 24 hours). The longer you refrigerate it, the more the dough will hold its shape as it bakes. Ideally, plan for 8-24 hours.
9. Toward the end of the chilling time, preheat oven to 350 F.
10. Using a medium cookie scoop, drop scoops of dough onto prepared cookie sheet.
11. Bake for 7-9 minutes (don’t bake them any longer than 9 minutes).
12. Remove from oven, and let cool for 5-10 minutes on the cookie sheet.
13. Transfer to wire rack to finish cooling.
14. Once the cookies have cooled, place them flat side up on the cookie sheet.
15. Place 2-4 chocolate disks on half of the cookies.
16. Place a marshmallow on the other half of the cookies.
17. Return to the oven for 1- 1 ½ minutes, or until the chocolate begins to melt.
18. Put a marshmallow half with a chocolate half, and enjoy!